What is trigeneration?
Trigeration is a simultaneous generation of electricity and useful heating and cooling.
CCHP system consists of a conventional cogeneration unit (producing electricity and heat energy) and an absorption chiller. Absorption chiller consumes waste heat from the cogeneration system and generates cold for air conditioning of buildings and process needs.
Absorption chiller’s energy source is heat, not electricity, therefore the trigeneration provides a much lower cost of 1 kW of cooling in comparison with conventional technologies.
Combining a cogeneration system with an absorption chiller allows using of seasonal excess heat for cooling. Thus, taking into account the all-year capacity utilization, the efficiency of cogeneration system in CCHP systems can be significantly increased.
Trigeneration offers the most reliable and cost effective solution for low-emission cooling systems. Moreover, CCHP systems do not contain hazardous and harmful chemical compounds, since water is using as a refrigerant instead of Freon gases and ammonia.
- Offices buildings
- Education facilities
- Sports facilities
- Museums and exhibition centres
- Shopping malls
- Data centres
- Chemical and petrochemical industry
- Food and beverages industry
- Metal industry
- Power generation
- Textile industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Cutting fuel consumption
- Reduction of energy source production cost
- Decreasing of production and consumption of electricity
- Self-sufficiency in energy
- System sustainability
- Maximum efficiency
- Minimization of energy losses
- Waste heat utilization
- Environment friendly technology.
Trigeneration plants. Engineering and construction on a turnkey basis
Engineer One develops a custom trigeneration plant project in compliance with a requirements specification of your facility to fully satisfy the energy needs of the factory and guarantee the maximum efficiency of energy resources use.
Implementation of trigeneration plant project on EPC basis with Engineer One:
- Selection of optimal configuration and feasibility study
- Engineering and development of executive documents
- Supply of equipment and construction materials
- Preparation of authorization documents
- Construction and installation works
- Commissioning and trial operation
- Staff training.
How trigeneration can help to meet the energy needs of your facility?